Apple has officially released its latest iPhone models on September 12th. In the night, iPhone X has made a strong impression on the audience. It is the Apple’s 10th anniversary special model and the quote of the night “One more thing” clearly showed that how special it was.
Along with the iPhone X, Apple both introduced iPhone 8 and the iPhone 8 Plus which replaced previous models –iPhone 7S and iPhone 7S Plus. And now, most of the users are curious about the comparison between the new and the old models.
iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus is cheaper compared to the iPhone X but, the size and the design of these models are similar to the previous ones. However, with A11 bionic processor and the wireless charging, iPhone 8 series can take users attention.
If you have an iPhone 7 and you are thinking about buying an iPhone 8, you can wonder how good is the new model compared to your phone. For that reason, we compared these two models and listed all the specifications that you need.
iPhone 8 vs iPhone 7
The same things
• Touch ID: Both iPhone 7 and iPhone 8 has the Touch ID fingerprint scan in the home button
• Front camera: Both iPhone 8 and iPhone 7 has the same 7 MP camera with ƒ/2.2 aperture, retina Flash and 1080p HD video recording
• Water resistant: Both iPhone 8 and iPhone 7 are rated IP67, resistant to water, splash and dust
• Ram: Both models has 2GB RAM
• Battery life: According to Apple’s own tests; iPhone 8 and iPhone 7 has similar battery performance
▪ The time of call over Wi-Fi is up to 14 hours
▪ Surf on the Internet is up to 13 hours
▪ Video play in over the Wi-Fi is up to 13 hours
▪ Music Play Over the Wi-Fi is up to 40 hours
• Both model has the lightning connector and not the 3.5 mm headphone jack
• Both models support LTE Advanced, VoLTE, 802.11ac Wi-Fi and WiFi calls
The similar things
• iPhone 8 and iPhone 7 has the exact same screen size, pixel density and brightness. So, we can say that Apple has used the exact same screen on iPhone 8 with the previous model.
• The only difference is the True Tone which automatically adjust the screen color and density according to the light level in the environment. For example, if you are in a low light room, screen shows more hotter and greener color; or if you are on the outside, in a cloudy day, the screen is more colorful.
• The back camera: Both iPhone 8 and iPhone 7 has a 12 MP camera on the back with ƒ/1.8 aperture. The only difference is that the iPhone 8 has a 4-Led True Tone Flash.
• Size and weight: iPhone 8 is 148 gram and iPhone 7 is 138 gram iPhone 8 is 0.2 mm thicker than the iPhone 7
The different things
• Glass design: According to Apple, the glass frame cover of iPhone 8 is 50% stronger than any glass material that a mobile phone has in the market
• iPhone 8 has the newest A11 bionic chip. Compared to the iPhone 7 Plus A10 Fusion chip, it is 70% more stronger and efficient with its 4 cores.
• Wireless charging: iPhone 8 supports Qi standard wireless charging. The device can be charged with the Apples Air Power or the third-party chargers like Mophie, Belkin or Incipio.
• Less color options: iPhone 8 has the color options of Gray, Space Gray and the new Gold. iPhone 7 has Black, Gold, Rose Gold, Gray and Jet Black
• Bluetooth: iPhone 8 has Bluetooth 5.0 and iPhone 7 has Bluetooth 4.2
• Video recording: iPhone 8 can record videos in 4K up to 60fps and iPhone 7 can record 4K videos up to 30 FPS
The new basic specification of iPhone 8 are;
• The new glass frame design
• True Tone capable screen
• Faster A11 bionic chip
• Wireless and Quick Charge
• Video recording up to 60 FPS in 4K quality and
• Bluetooth 5.0
In broad view; unfortunately, these specifications are not enough for iPhone 8 to easily surpass the iPhone 7. If you want to upgrade your iPhone 7, you should take your choice for iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone X. In the end, it’s up to you…